When starting a career as a real estate agent in Maui, you might be wondering what real estate broker would be the best to work for? A lot of new real estate agents focus on the commission splits and benefits when making their decision.
We at Hi Vision believe that you should put time and effort into choosing a real estate broker. It is not a quick decision to be made; for that reason, we put together a list of questions that you can ask a real estate broker.
The below article broke the questions down into different categories: financial, benefits & offerings, education & support, environment & expectations, and company culture.
The financial questions are definitely important to ask. We do, however, urge you to not only make your decision based on the financial aspects but to consider all the aspects.
Questions that you could ask that relate to finance include:
- What commission splits do you offer?
- Is there a commission cap?
- Are there expenses that I should know about, such as business cards and signage?
Maui Real Estate Broker Benefits And Offerings
With these questions, you are trying to establish the benefits of choosing a particular Maui real estate broker. You can ask the following questions.
- What benefits do you offer a new real estate agent? These benefits could include business cards, signage, a stand-alone website, etc.
- Do you have a client relationship management system?
- What marketing resource will I have access to?
Education And Support
If you are starting your career as a real estate agent, you will need some training and support. Some real estate brokers keep that in mind and offer you this as an added benefit. To find out more about the education and support offerings, you can ask the following questions.
- Is there a mentorship program available, and can you tell me how does it work?
- Do you offer any training classes?
- If I have a problem or question, who would be my point of contact?
Broker Environment And Expectations
Before joining a company, you need to find out about the environment you will be joining and what you can expect. In asking the following questions, you will have a clear picture of your place in the company.
- How many real estate agents are currently working in the company?
- Are there mandatory meetings that all agents need to attend?
- What are your expectations of me?
It is crucial to find out more about the culture of the company that you are joining. If you are considering joining a Maui real estate brokerage firm, you need to make sure that you are compatible with the people working there.
- What is the atmosphere in the office like?
- Could I have a tour of the office and meet some of the staff members?
- Would it be possible to sit in a training session or team meeting?
If you want to find out how we at Hi Vision Properties, do things, you are welcome to call.